Friday, January 2, 2009

Melanys "Keepin it together" Pegs!

Well since Sandy and I kinda missed the boat on the Project 365 Kit of the month (for this week anyway) Crazy people sold out and the whole site went down! AND us Aussies have to PHONE to order the kit, after hearing a few stories of ppl trying to call in we thought we'd wait and see what the plan is to get us one each!


Anywho In the mean time, Becky H keeps saying we CAN do this without the kit! I'm finding it hard but here is my effort... I made these Keepin it together" peg clips! So I can print out my pics and journal on scrap paper and keep it all together in order! until we can get our hands on these kits!


HOW TO MAKE:

VERY simple to make! Just get 7 plain pegs, you can either paint them or leave them raw! Cut out or punch some cardstock and decorate how ever you like! I used chipboard letters for one set and alpha stickers for the other, then label the days of the week.

I'm not sure if anyone has done this before, I'm sure they have but this was my bright idea for yesty! You could also stick a magnet on the back and use them on your fridge! Cute gifts!

4 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Hey Melany...following a link from Becky's blog. What a mess! I was actually the lucky one to get the kit, I hope :) If I don't oh, well. I have been taking photos every day since my son was born and I really liked the kit idea. A place to keep it all together.
Keepin it together pegs are awesome! I would love to make some if I have time. So far I am keeping my photos on my computer and journal in a notebook. I am trying to figure a way to post the photos on my blog. There is no way I can post a photo a day :).
Anyway, I will add you to my blog list of people doing the project. Let me know if that is not OK.
I love that photo of you!

Kelly said...

Hi Mel-
Yep I followed the link from Becky's too.
I was on hold for a long time, from Australia...only to discover that no one was there to answer calls at all. So not really impressed by the whole thing. $100 phone call & no kit!
Sorry for the rant.

Great clips!! I am trying to do the whole 365 thing, but I'm a little bit turned off by the whole debacle.
I'm using picasa and just adding the journaling to the folder description.
Good luck with yours

Janna said...

Love your pegs! I followed your link from Becky's blog. Hopefully you'll get a kit really soon!

Daniela Dobson said...

Hey Melany, I did email you back last night to the address on your blog... and I did get my shipping notification today from CK.
Anything going on with your kit?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin