Thursday, February 26, 2009

Family History Project

For a long time now I have been BUSTING to do a Family History Album, but never knew where to start or how to go about it! SURE its easy you might think, but you TRY gathering names and dates and figure out what linage you will follow or if you will do 2 grandparents from each side, it really just does go on and on!


So I have started to PLAN this out!
So far I have:


This is my Nan, she was a Doll

A rough draft of the linage on both sides of the family

8
Photographs from my mum, who has the originals and I have the scanned copies! Full

NAMES and DATES
of their BIRTHS, DEATHS & MARRIAGES

I have collected 12x12 papers that will best suit these time era's & will be looking for a nice D-Ring album to suit this project !


Look at my Pop, isn't he a spunk!
I am SO EXCITED to start this! As I am trying to cover both sides of my husband and my families, It will be tricky to have the album set out in the right order. I am doing this for my children so they get to know the generations gone before them. My family have so many stories about family members that I think it would be a shame not to remember them, how they met and fell in love etc...

Now since I am 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant lol This may take a while, and thats ok, I will be doing a baby album at the same time as well as adjusting to having 3 little girls! So bare with me!

It will be a fun ride! and I will be sharing every step of the way so if anyone out there wants to try the same thing, they can get helpful tips on what makes this an easy fun project to do.




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin